David, Noel, and Michael visit the Grand Canyon to witness Thundarr and Friends' encounter with another escaped slave. But rather than dedicate his life to freeing others, this one wants to awaken a creature with the ability to grant ultimate power to whomever rouses it.
I hope the hosts are still monitoring these comments and this reaches them. Thundarr Road is EXACTLY the content I have been looking for. I have recently rediscovered a love for Saturday Morning Cartoons. I was ten years old when Thundarr first aired and it was pretty much dead center of the things I liked and has had a lasting impact on me. Sword and sorcery? Check. Sci-Fi? Check. Mad Max type post apocalypse? Check. LOVED it as a kid.
ReplyDeleteI've listened to some other cartoon/animation podcasts but most of the ones I have found are hosted by millennials or later and tend to be comedy focused. "Hey look at these silly cartoons and how janky the stories and animations were". Yeah sure, that can be fun and let's be honest the cartoons are definitely silly but my ten year old self watched them with rapt intensity.
What I love about your show is that you approach Thundarr with the reverence I have been looking for. Your critiques of the show and the overall lore come from a place of love but you haven't been afraid to call out lesser episodes or things that didn't quite work for you. Your last episode is from a few years ago (I'm only up to episode 5) and if you have reached the end of Thundarr Road I will accept that with deep appreciation for what you have produced. If, however, you ever get the itch to continue with the series I will definitely be an eager listener.